Our lives are very busy, we are always doing this or that. Even in this very lockdown we find ourselves overwhelmed whilst confined in our own homes, who thought?
None of us where ever prepared for what 2020 brought. Our homes have become our working spaces, for some they have also become the nursery and the high school, the restaurant and the hotel. It’s a lot, isn’t it.
It starts to feel heavy and it weighs on you but here are a few things you can try.
- Simplify, declutter and make space – there is some sort of peace that comes with doing this. For some weird reason decluttering is therapeutic, try it and let me know. Create space for your home office and another for relaxing, this helps create a balance. When you make yourself comfortable, it relaxes your mind and lowers anxiety.
- Enjoy the little things – we often wait for big things to happen in order to celebrate. We are always trying to figure out the future so much that we miss what is happening at present. But what about the little things we take for granted like breath, health, and food. The friends we have, the family and the little victories.
- Take on less – we are the ‘I can do it all,’ generation. It’s not a bad thing to have ambition and big goals, I am all for it but take it easy. One step at a time, one goal at a time. Things always work out better when you prioritize.
- Judge others less – what good does it bring you? Why are you in their business to begin with? Mind your own, you have your own demons to deal with anyway Judge Judy!
- Act & stop overthinking – you have a goal and plan, well over analyzing and overthinking it isn’t going to bring you results sweetie. Just do it! The worst thing you could ever do to yourself is not trying.
- Put that smartphone down – unplug yourself from the noise. There is too much going on with the social networks, from twars to racial discrimination. You need a break to just listen to your thoughts for a change, give yourself that.
- Find your purpose – I know we are set on concentrating on the negative things that have happened this year but if we are being honest good has come out of this. I have watched people find their passions, explore them and succeed. It’s not too late to find your purpose, unlock it, the world is ready do your energy.
- Don’t stop learning – learn more about yourself and about the things you love, your career, your line of work, your business. Keep learning, it’s the key to growth.
- It’s ok to say no – I also suffered (not completely healed) from the people pleaser syndrome so I totally understand how hard this can be. But ask yourself this, what’s the point of saying yes then carrying a burden on your shoulders? If you are not interested politely decline and kick that guilt out, you have a right to choose.
- Surround yourself with positive vibes – the energy you keep around you will always affect you. So, it’s important to keep the right company.
I hope this helped you somehow, it’s kinda why I write. I kid, it’s totally the number one reason I write, I want to change and improve lives one person at a time, one blog post at a time. If this helped please hit the like button so I know it’s working. CIAO!