If there is one thing I have spoken about over and over again is toxic people and how one should leave before it is too late. I still stand by it because there is nobody who should come before you, you need to understand that. Here is something I realize I have not spoken about, types of toxic people. Without wasting much of your time, let us get into it!
- The Narcissist – a few days back we were talking about the narcissist. In that blog post, I gave you the signs and causes of narcissism. Once you find yourself around a person who is very self-centered, who turns every conversation into one about themselves. A person who can barely pay attention to you and your needs then what you have on your hands is a narcissist. You are going to need to find the door, close it, lock it, and swallow the key. Okkuurrr!?
- The Control Freak – that one person who wants control over everyone around them, they want you to laugh a certain way, eat a certain way, heck if they could they would control your breathing pattern. Once you disagree with them then there is a very big problem. This ladies and gentlemen is jail time and your crime is having a different opinion and doing things differently. So if that person can not let you be then leave because they will suffocate you to death.
- The Emotional Monster – have you ever had a person in your life who just never has positive energy, they can not be happy for you or anybody else for that matter. It feels as though their oxygen depends on the negativity, and as they feel better you just feel drained. They will drag you down into a state of depression if you are not careful so please, positive vibes only!
- The Dramatic – if it ain’t one thing it’s another. Why there is never peace in their lives, I will never know. It almost feels like they enjoy the drama because when you give them solutions to their problems they do not take them. They will always come back and complain, that is a given. It is tiring to even think about it.
- The Jealous Giant – once upon a time I had a jealous giant in my life and wow! That was the most painful relationship I have ever been in, ok maybe not the most, but painful nonetheless. This person would really never acknowledge anything I did but then weeks later they would try and do what I would have done and want compliments. These people have nothing nice to say about everyone else, they are the ones with the gossip and it is always the nasty gossip. The judgment that they pass onto other people you would think they are so perfect. Honey, run!
- The Liar – sweetie, honey, love! Gad! They are allergic to the truth, their tongues burn when they speak the truth. They will lie about their achievements, they will lie about their lifestyle, anything to keep their high. This has to be the hardest to deal with and trust doesn’t come back. You can never tell when they are being truthful and when they are lying. They cannot be trusted.
Love yourself. That is all I have to say and I hope that you can find a way to walk away. The sad thing is sometimes the people that hold one or more of these traits are people we love so dearly. Like I said before, nobody is more important than you. That is it from me, CIAO!